Charleston, SC 29401
12 beds | 12.5 baths | 9887 sqft
The Governor's House Inn, also known as the Laurens-Rutledge House, was built in 1760 by James Laurens in the Georgian style, and sits on nearly 1/2 an acre just outside the original walled city, on the site of the former Charleston Orange Garden. Though it has been altered and added onto since construction, this grand double house boasting Greek Revival wrap around piazzas is a Category 3 House and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for it's association with Edward Rutledge, signer of the Declaration of Independence, who purchased the home in 1788. The mansion and kitchen house is now used as an 11-room historic Inn with an Innkeepers studio, but the city allows for up to 14 guest rooms, or it could easily be converted back into a spectacular single family home.
Listing Office: Handsome Properties, Inc.
Last Updated: October - 04 - 2019
Properties marked with IDX logo are provided courtesy of Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the website owner are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. The broker providing this data believes it to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision. Information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commerical use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Tuesday 12th of November 2019 05:36 AM